Oktoberfest has always been one of the world’s most famous parties attracting million visitors, starting from 15 September to 15 October, to honor and recognize the cultures and contributions of both Hispanic and Latino Americans. Here are 10 fun facts surrounding Oktoberfest event that you might not know. Let’s check them out.
- Oktoberfest is called October but starts in September.
- Oktoberfest is the world’s largest Volksfest (beer festival and travelling funfair)
- The hairier the hat, the wealthier the wearer.
- Beer mugs are popular souvenirs.
- Visitors drink around 7.5 million liters of beer in total
- Oktoberfest service can carry up to 18 beer mugs at once
- Locals don’t call it Oktoberfest. Instead, they call it the “Wies’n”
- Albert Einstein actually worked at Oktoberfest when he was young, putting up beer tents.
- The most popular things to eat at Oktoberfest are grilled chicken (“Hendl”), pork knuckles (“Schweinshaxe”), and oxen (“Osche”)
- The festival makes the city of Munich $1.43 billion in tourism money.
Gearment Blog: https://blog.gearment.com/en/
DM fanpage: https://m.facebook.com/GearmentFulfillment/
Gearment website: https://gearment.com